We’re excited to have you as a part of the EGCC Gator Family, and look forward to meeting you on Friday, July 13 for New Student Orientation! This will be a great opportunity for you to meet other students in your program and learn more about Eastern Gateway Community College to make sure you have a successful first semester. You may start checking in near the Lecture Halls as early as 8am, but we recommend being there no later than 8:45am so that you can grab breakfast!
Here is what you can expect for the day of Orientation:
- 8am-9am: Check In and Light Breakfast (You’ll want to give yourself plenty of time to check in and get something to eat that morning – we have a big day and a lot of information to cover. Also, during this time, you’ll have a chance to win a $25 WalMart Gift Card!)
- 9am-9:30am: Opening and Welcome
- 9:30am-12pm: Information Sessions (each session will be 20 min long at each department you’ll need to meet to get ready for the semester)
- 12pm-12:30pm: Closing and packet pick-up
- 12:30pm-1:30pm: Pizza Lunch and T-Shirt pick up
It is important that you stay for the duration of the day. After we close, there will be a packet of information for you, including your schedule of classes, Financial Aid statement, a parking permit application, and other documents. Everyone who has pre-registered for Orientation will also be able to pick up t-shirt (we asked for your size when you registered!). Information sessions will cover advising and the scheduling of your classes; Financial Aid and FAFSA; TRIO programs; EGCC Barnes & Noble Bookstore policies; opportunities from Career Services; resources offered by the Library and InfoCommons; an overview of our computer/email log in; and tutoring and disability services.
Important Things to Know for Friday:
- This day is about YOU, the student. We ask that ONLY the registered students take part in this day. As part of the Student Code of Conduct, the children of students are not permitted to come to class with them; we ask that registered students not bring their children to Orientation, either. If there are parents, spouses, or others with questions, the offices will be open after 1pm following orientation. Questions can also be asked by visiting this link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevosVF_rMKpEYPceOV1otkv1F21IJm2GHjjwFRkWBGnQ5Qyw/viewform?usp=sf_link). They will be forwarded to the proper department.
- If you choose to purchase a parking permit, you will need to provide a copy of your vehicle registration and your driver’s license.
- Please park in the parking lots off of College Drive, closest to the courtyard (you’ll see balloons).
If you have any questions regarding the day of Orientation, please contact Abbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cristen at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see you on Friday!