Admissions & Enrollment Checklist
ARE YOU AFFILIATED WITH: AFSCME, COUNCIL 8, FOP, OAPFF, OAPSE, OCSEA OR UFCW
APPLY BY CLICKING HERE
ALL OTHER POTENTIAL STUDENTS APPLY BY
- Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid as soon as you begin considering college. The process beings with the filing of the FAFSA. First, you (the student), and a parent (if under age 24) will need a FSA ID to electronically sign the FAFSA
- Visit https://fsaid.ed.gov to sign up for your FSA ID.
- After you (the student), and a parent (if under age 24) have your FSA ID, you will now visit https://fafsa.gov to file your FAFSA.
- You will need the EGCC School Code which is 007275.
- Completing your FAFSA online is just the first step in the application process. Once you file, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Then, the central processor will forward your application to the college electronically. This process takes approximately 3-5 days for the college to receive it. Once Student Financial Services receives your FAFSA, you will receive mail correspondence from us notifying you as to the status of your application and what additional documentation is required to complete your aid file.
- It is very important that you complete all required documents sent to you and return them timely so there is no delay in having your aid in place for the upcoming semester.
PROOF OF HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION OR EQUIVALENT:
- You must request your official high school transcript or GED transcript be sent to the address below directly from the granting institution as proof of high school graduation or equivalency if you would like to
- receive financial aid, enroll in more than 30 credit hours and/or declare a degree or certificate as your major: (not required for Transients, PSEO or High School Dual Enrollment).
- High School transcript signed and sealed by the school annotating graduation date.
- GED transcript from testing agency (Certificates without scores are not acceptable.)
- Certificate of completion of an approved home school program signed by the program principal
- An academic transcript of a student who has successfully completed a two-year program acceptable for full credit towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Submit ACT/ SAT scores, take the Accuplacer placement test, or provide proof of successful completion of math and English courses equivalent to those offered at EGCC.
- COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS: You MUST submit official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities you have previously attended even if you did not earn credit at the previous institution.Transcript evaluations will be conducted only after receipt of all transcripts. The process may take up to three weeks depending upon total volume, and therefore, it is recommended students wishing to transfer credit to apply toward a certificate or degree program should submit requirements at minimum four weeks prior to their intended registration.
ACADEMIC ADVISING & REGISTRATION:
- Once your application and transcripts have been processed and you have established placement you are then able to meet with an Enrollment Specialist to create your initial schedule.
Eastern Gateway Community College
4000 Sunset Boulevard
Steubenville, Ohio 43952
PHONE: 800.682.6553 x1712