How to Log In to Computers on Campus
- At EGCC all current students will need a user name and password in order to access the computers on the Steubenville, OH campus and the computers in classrooms at our Valley Center location in Youngstown, OH.
- You will receive a letter from the college at least one week prior to the beginning of the semester with information about your student log in for EGCC lab computers.
- Your default user name will be the first letter of your first name followed by up to 17 letters of your last name followed by the last 2 digits of your student I.D. Note there are no spaces and your user name IS NOT case sensitive. (ex. JDoesmith99 and jdoesmith99 are the same thing)
- After entering your user name click into the password box and enter your password. If it is your first time logging in you will use your default password. Your default password is assigned to you by the college; this password is the first letter of your first name (capitalized) followed by (up to) the first 15 characters of your last name (the first letter of your last name is also capitalized) and then the last four digits of your social security number. ( example: JDoesmith1234). Remember, passwords ARE case sensitive!
- Once you have successfully logged in you will be prompted to change your password. This password must be a minimum of 8 characters. Try to make it unique yet something you can remember. Write your password down somewhere safe if you need to. You will use this password for the remainder of the semester.
- Once you have successfully changed your password you will see a message stating that your password has been successfully changed!
Remember not to share your account information with ANYONE!!
- If you should happen to forget your user name, password or you have trouble logging on, Technology Services is here to help!
- Note that student lab computer accounts are deleted after the semester is over and reset for returning students only.