This page is archived as of 9/30/2021. Current HEERF I, II, & III information and reporting is located at: https://egcc.edu/heerf/
ARP: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III)
Eastern Gateway Community College is very grateful to have the opportunity to deliver additional financial support to qualifying students during this challenging time. On March 11, 2021, the Unites States Government passed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP). The ARP allocates funding for eligible colleges to address needs of eligible students due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
EGCC acknowledges that we have signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and assure that we will use no less than the required amounts designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
EGCC has received a total of $9,175,083 through the ARP Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III). Similar to the CARES Act HEERF I, and HEERF II, the US Department of Education (ED) has allocated these funds based on two categories, Student funds (totaling $7,839,093) and Institutional funds (totaling $1,335,990), each with separate usage criteria.
ARP HEERF III funding awarded to EGCC is based on the number of on-campus or online, full time, Pell Grant eligible students, and it will be allocated accordingly. As described below, EGCC will utilize awarding criteria for ARP HEERF III that is similar to that utilized for CRRSAA HEERF II.
Student ARP HEERF III Funds – Allocation and Eligibility
$7,839,093 of the ARP HEERF III funds will be distributed to qualifying students enrolled in the Summer 2021, and Fall 2021 semesters. If funds remain, they will be issued in subsequent semesters.
As of 6/30/2021, $0 in HEERF III Funds have been distributed, because HEERF II Funds are still being processed. Under current eligibility criteria, 26,742 students could be eligible for funds, to be distributed in the future, as described below.
ARP HEERF III – Student Funding
- In conjunction with HEERF II, EGCC will seek input from students regarding how to utilize their funding, should they be eligible.
- In July 2021, a survey/authorization form will be sent to ALL students enrolled for Spring 2021, Summer 2021, or scheduled for Fall 2021.
- Completion of the authorization form is highly encouraged, but not required. Should a student meet eligibility criteria, EGCC will disburse funds based on his/her authorization.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be actively attending the Summer 2021 semester, or future semesters (if funds still remain).
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 FAFSA, and be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- During the Summer 2021 semester, the student must have completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA and submitted all supplemental documentation as required by ED. Fall 2021 and subsequent semesters require completion of the 2021-2022 FAFSA.
- The tentative amount a student will receive is $750.
Institutional CRRSAA HEERF II Funds – Allocation and Eligibility
$1,335,990 of the ARP funds are allocated to EGCC to be used for costs associated with the disruption of operations due to COVID-19.
- A portion (to be determined as expenses are incurred) will be used to cover costs associated with ensuring both our Steubenville and Youngstown campuses are prepared to resume safe and normal operations
- These expenses include, but are not limited to, cleaning costs, personal protective equipment, and COVID-19 testing.
- A portion (to be determined as expenses are incurred), will be used to offset costs of new technological systems that have, or will need to be, implemented because of COVID-19.
- The remaining portion will be utilized to fund EGCC’s Gateway Guarantee; a program that will cover tuition, book, and/or fee costs for qualifying students residing in the College’s service district who are experiencing disruption of operations and courses because of COVID-19.