Conroy named women’s volleyball coach at Eastern Gateway Community College

By Dana Balash
WFMJ

https://www.wfmj.com/story/40975875/conroy-named-womens-volleyball-coach-at-eastern-gateway-community-college

Women’s volleyball is coming to Eastern Community Gateway College in Youngstown, and Joe Conroy has been named to build the program which starts play next August.

Conroy was the former coach of the Youngstown State women’s volleyball program for 13 years. His 188 victories are the most ever in program history.

We’re thrilled to launch our women’s volleyball program under the guidance of Joe Conroy,” said EGCC Director of Athletics John Zizzo.

Conroy is working on recruiting local players and is excited about building a program from the ground up.

“That will be very exciting. Just the thrill of saying, ‘OK from A to Z,’ I’ll have the opportunity to put the whole program together, and I feel very confident,” Conroy said. “I know what I’m doing, and Dr. Jimmie Bruce is going to give me every opportunity for the team to be successful.”

EGCC administrators say they’re talking with several high schools to determine where their home matches will be played.

0 replies